To be considered for admission to the Manufacturing Systems Engineering MS program, students are required to have:
- A GPA of at least 2.8 out of 4.0 scale (exceptions may be made by the admissions committee if persuasive evidence of applicant’s potential is presented) with:
- A BS degree in engineering or equivalent, or
- A BS in a physical science or a related area will also be considered but may require additional preparatory coursework.
- GRE scores are NOT required for admission to the Manufacturing Systems Engineering MS program. However, applicants must note that, GRE scores must be submitted if they are interested in being considered for any graduate fellowships.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for all international students (except those with a degree from an accredited U.S. institution). Currently, for admission:
- The minimum acceptable total TOEFL-iTB score is 79. This is considered equivalent to our currently acceptable minimum scores of 550 on the paper-based and 213 on the computer-based tests.
- The minimum acceptable IELTS overall band score is 6.5.
Please refer to the MFS Graduate Handbook for detailed information about these admission requirements to the Manufacturing Systems Engineering MS program.
International Applicants: March 15th
Domestic Applicants: July 15
International Applicants: August 15th
Domestic Applicants: December 1
To be considered for admission, the following application materials must be submitted. Please send the materials to the appropriate receiver, as indicated below. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.
- Application Form: May be submitted electronically or printed out and mailed to the Graduate School.
- Application Fee: Domestic Applicants: $65, International Applicants: $75
- One Official Copy of Transcripts from all Colleges or Universities Attended.
- Official GRE Scores from ETS (Optional; only required if you want to be considered for graduate fellowships) [School code: 1837; Department code: 1502].
- Official TOEFL Scores from ETS or Official IELTS scores (Only for applicants who received Bachelor’s degree outside the United States) [School code: 1837; Department code: 68].
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
You may check the status of your application at the following address:https://www.research.uky.edu/cfdocs/gs/admissions/logon/LogonStat.cfm
This process requires a User ID and Password. The User ID is your Social Security Number or Temporary ID Number. The password is your birth date entered in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy.
If you require information beyond application status, such as information about application materials and I-20s, you should contact your Admissions Officer in the Graduate School or Steven Adkins in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
According to current University of Kentucky tuition and fees policy, students enrolled only in online distance learning courses during the fall and spring semesters will be charged the Kentucky resident rate regardless of residency status. The current tuition rates can be found at: https://www.uky.edu/registrar/19-20TuitionAndFees
University's policy related to fee refunds, including deadlines and amounts can be found at: https://www.uky.edu/registrar/registrar-appeals
Contact Information of Admissions Officer in Graduate School:
Phone: 859- 257-7129
Office: Room 201-C
Contact Information for Staff in Mechanical Engineering:
Office: 151 Ralph G. Anderson Building