Message from Our Chair
Welcome to the Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering website. As you read about our department and what we offer, you will see that BAE is a dynamic team thoroughly committed to sustained high-quality programs in instruction, cooperative extension and research.
If you see something in our research that piques your curiosity, if you are interested in our degree programs or if our cooperative extension specialists may be of help, please contact us.
On behalf of all the faculty, students and staff of BAE, welcome to UK's BAE Department!
Mike Montross, Ph.D., P.E.
Serve and benefit the people of Kentucky and beyond through learning, discovery and engagement in engineering for food, energy, agricultural, biological and environmental systems.
Be recognized and valued as:
- the primary source of engineering expertise for solving contemporary problems of vital social and economic importance to the state and beyond
- responsive to clientele needs
- catalysts for positive, innovative technological change
- striving to enhance the quality of life for our citizens
A leader because we:
- develop and disseminate relevant engineering knowledge
- utilize multidisciplinary and multi-institutional team approaches to problem-solving
- design and implement cutting-edge undergraduate and graduate instructional programs
A role model for all similar programs because we:
- achieve excellence and balance in our instructional, research and extension programs
- value faculty, staff and students who work cooperatively to foster excellence