Spring Networking and Recruiting Events
College of Engineering Career Connections, January 31, 2020
Employer representatives volunteer their time to review resumes, conduct practice interviews, or critique LinkedIn profiles in one on one meetings with students. This is excellent preparation for the career fair, and a way to network with potential employers in a casual setting. Sign up for this evet has ended, but we have a few timeslots remaining. To add yourself to the event, please e-mail a your availability to John Beck, and please include whether you are looking for a resume review, practice interview and/or LinkedIn profile review.
Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair, February 11, 2020, noon to 4 pm
The largest spring recruiting event attracts roughly 120 employers and 750 students who can network to find co-op, intern, or full-time positions. Many employers stay over to conduct one on one interviews the next day. You can research employers using our event app, Career Fair +. A few days before the fair, you will also be able to access to fair map to quickly find your favorite employers.
College of Engineering Co-op and Internship Fair, Thursday, March 26, 10 am to 1 pm, Gatton Student Center
Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to find out about positions that are still open for summer 2020 or fall 2020. If you are a freshman, this is a great chance to network with employers and market your major and GPA. You can research registered employers starting in February using our event app, Career Fair + (see below).
All Engineering Fairs will be using the "Career Fair Plus App," which will allow you to research employers in attendance ahead of time. A fair map will go live a few days before the fair and you can easily find your favorite companies on the map. Once you "favorite" them, they will show up on the map as soon as the map is live.
Career Fair Prep and Networking Events
Engineering Resume Review/Interview Drop-ins - every Tuesday 1-4 pm and Wednesday 2-5 pm
Drop-ins meetings last 10-15 minutes and are designed to help with your resume, letter writing, interviewing or searching for a job or internship opportunity. During the semester, you can stop by every Tuesday from 1:00-4:00 pm & Wednesday 2:00-5:00 pm in the Career Development offices in the James & Gay Hardymon Center for Student Success, third-floor FPAT. We are also available for appointments, which you can schedule via Handshake.
Career Fair Prep Seminars
To prepare for the upcoming career events, you should attend one of our 45 minute career fair prep seminars. They will be taking place in 354 F. Paul Anderson Tower on the following days and times:
- Tuesday, January 28 at 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 4 at 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 5 at 6 pm
Career Fair VIP Program
Our VIP program allows you to enter the Spring and Fall Engineering and Computer Science Career Fairs (not the co-op and internship fair) 30 minutes before everyone else (i.e. at 11:30 am). In order to become a VIP, you must complete the following requirements:
- Log in and activate your handshake account
- Attend a 45-minute career fair prep seminar (dates and times listed above)
- Have an on-campus career professional review and critique your resume (you can make an appointment through handshake, or stop by during drop in hours - in engineering, these are Tue 1-4 pm and Wed. 2-5 pm)
- Choose 4 of the following:
- Participate in the January 31 Career Connections event
- Download the Career Fair + App
- Create or Update your LinkedIn profile
- Like us on facebook.com/ukyengrcareer
- Follow us on Twitter: @UKEngCareers
- Complete a practice interview on InterviewStream (accessible through Handshake)
- Follow us on Instragram: @ukyengrcareer