Looking for an intern, co-op or full-time employee?
Please post any positions you are hiring for directly to our online career management system, Handshake, which is available to all current students and all UK alumni. You can also request an on-campus interview date and information session through the system or by contacting us directly.
You can also contact the Engineering Career Development Office to share your openings with us. We will target the desired majors and students to advertise your position.
Spring Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair February 19, 2019
The spring 2019 Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair is scheduled for February 19, 2019. Employer registration is live through UK's Handshake system . The Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair is the first day of a 2 day career fair event (Business, Liberal Arts and all non-engineering/non-CS majors on Feb. 20), and organizations can choose whether to register for one or for both days of events
Registered employers and organizations
- Download the Career Fair Logistics. You can also download the Career Fair Plus app for iOS or Android and select University of Kentucky, Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair and select your recruiter function to view any updates, employer push notifications and download the career fair logistics.
- If you have reserved interview space for engineering interviews on February 20, download the Career Fair interview information. This will also be provided to you at the career fair.
Spring 2019 Co-op and Internship Fair, March 22, 2019
The Co-op and Internship Fair in the College of Engineering is planned for Friday, March 22, 2019, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm in the Hilary J. Boone Center at 500 Rose Street on campus. The fair is intended for organizations who recruit only interns and/or co-ops, rather than graduating seniors. Employer registration is live in Handshake.
Interviewing on Campus
You can request interviews and interview rooms through our career management system, handshake. Engineering employers can now request rooms in the College of Engineering’s James and Gay Hardymon Center for Student Success in the F. Paul Anderson Tower. The James W. Stuckert Career Center also offers interview rooms at their location, 408 Rose Street.
If you have questions about your organization’s interview location please contact John Beck, email@example.com
- Interviewing in Engineering: Directions to the James and Gay Hardymon Center for Student Successs, FPAT (pdf)
- Interviewing at the James W. Stuckert Career Center Driving-Parking Directions (Microsoft Word Doc)
Employer Information Tables
Seeking a casual environment to promote your organization while marketing your internships, co-ops, part-time positions or career opportunities at the same time? We invite you to host an information table in the Ralph G. Anderson Building Atrium or in the James and Gay Hardymon Center for Student Success on the third floor of F. Paul Anderson Tower. Bring company signage, flyers and giveaways. Information tables will be available every Wednesday during the semester from 10:00 am-2:00 pm, Ralph G. Anderson Atrium – to reserve a table, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the date that fits your schedule
Other ways to engage with students and brand your organization
Our office will be happy to help you get in front of students through events, such as employer information sessions, classroom presentations, student organization meetings or tabling in the College Buildings. We can also help you post your positions on Handshake, provide you with salary statistics for engineering majors, connect you with faculty for research or senior design project work, or find other creative ways to brand your organization on campus. Please contact Ilka Balk at 859-257-4178 or email@example.com to discuss.
- Posting Jobs, requesting interviews, and registering for career events: https://app.joinhandshake.com
- Employer FAQ on Handshake: http://www.uky.edu/careercenter/node/151
- Handshake support: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/categories/202707307-Employer
- Hiring International Students (download PDF)