Graduate Students in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Kentucky collaborate with faculty researchers to create technological advances that improve everyday life and change the world for the better.
ECE has graduate programs leading to:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering (jointly with CS Department)
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Computer Engineering (jointly with CS Department)
- Graduate Certificate in Power and Energy
- Online Graduate Certificate in Power Systems Analysis
Detailed information about application requirements and deadlines for the MS and PhD programs in Electrical Engineering can be found at
Our graduate programs offer opportunities to participate in cutting edge research with world-class faculty! Research and teaching assistantships are available – apply today!
“Electrical and Computer Engineering enable the world in which we live today and will shape the future that we imagine. A graduate degree from UK will open new pathways for you to help build this future in industry, academia, and more. Learn in a great place alongside great people who can help you achieve your goals.”
– Dr. Aaron Cramer, Director of Graduate Studies