2/14 – present Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
2/08 – 1/14 Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
1/05 – 2/08 Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, BioPOETS Group (Biologically-inspired Photonics-Optofluidic-Electronic Technology and Science)
8/03 – 12/04 Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, Nano-Engineering Lab
1/00 – 8/03 Research Assistant, University of Kentucky, Precision Systems Lab
5/98 – 1/00 Engineer: Inkjet Printer Division, Lexmark International, Lexington, KY
1/96 – 5/98 Injection Mold Designer, Acramold, Inc., Burlington, KY
University of California, Berkeley, Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D. 2008
University of Kentucky, Mechanical Engineering, MSME 2003
University of Kentucky, Mechanical Engineering, BSME 2001
D.L. Thompson, A. Madon, and C. Trinkle. “Diffusion-Mediated Production Of Protein Gradients By Way Of Variable Depth Hydrogel Micro-Stamps.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- L. Xu and C. Trinkle. “High Precision Method For Sequential Micro-Contact Printing
Of Multiple Aligned Patterns.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- F. DiBartolomeo and C. Trinkle. “High Throughput Continuous Fabrication Of Large Surface Area Microstructured PDMS.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- C. Trinkle, “Kinematic Alignment System for the Creation of Integrated Microfluidic Devices.”, Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 2008. Advisor: Prof. Luke P. Lee
- C. Trinkle, C. Morgan and L.P. Lee. “High Precision Assembly of Soft-Polymer Microfluidic Circuits.” Proceedings of ASME 2006 IMECE, Chicago, IL, Nov 2006.
- C. Trinkle, C. Morgan and L.P. Lee. “Kinematic Assembly of Soft-Polymer Biofluidic Circuits.” Proceedings of ASPE 21st Annual Meeting, Monterey Bay, CA, Oct 2006.
- K. Dunphy, R. Karnik, C. Trinkle, and A. Majumdar. “Analysis of Governing Parameters for Silver-Silver Chloride Electrodes in Microfluidic Electrokinetic Devices.” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 9 (2), 2005.
- C. Trinkle, P. Kichambare, R. Vallance, B. Wong, M.P. Menguc, B. Sadanadan, A.M. Rao, A. Bah, K. Javed. “Thermal Transport During Nanoscale Machining by Field Emission of Electrons from Carbon Nanotubes.” J. of Heat Transfer 125 (4), 2003.
- C. Trinkle, P. Smith, R. Vallance, B. Wong, and M.P. Menguc. “Thermal Finite Difference Analysis of Threshold Heating for Nanoscale Machining.” Presented at ASME 2002 IMECE, New Orleans, LA, Nov 2002.
- C. Trinkle, R. Vallance, M.P. Menguc, A. Bah, K. Javed, A.M. Rao, and S. Jin. “Nanoprobe Concepts for Field Emission Nanomachining.” Proceedings of ASPE 17th Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO, Nov 2002.
Micro-scale Design and Fabrication
Precision Machine Design