By Ray Clere
Next week, the University of Kentucky will offer students and recent alumni an opportunity to connect with more than 150 employers in the fall semester career fair series. The Engineering, Computer Science and STEM Virtual Career Fair will take place noon-4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, and the Business, Communications, Liberal Arts and All Majors Virtual Career Fair will take place on 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22. Both fairs will take place in the Gatton Student Center ballrooms.
The fall semester career fairs offer an important opportunity to network and personally connect with employers. Employers are interested in connecting with students from all academic majors, and they’re eager to share information with students about internships, co-ops and job opportunities, so students from all class years are encouraged to consider attending.
Below are seven reasons to attend UK's fall career fairs:
- Boss up! Don’t miss this chance to take control of your career path and connect with extraordinary opportunities.
- Network with BBN’s top pros. Many of the recruiters and employer representatives are UK alumni and BBN supporters who want to see more UK students have amazing career opportunities!
- Gain an advantage. Do you know what career possibilities your UK degree will offer? Career fairs are a great way to find out.
- Get in the “ready” position! One of the greatest challenges facing new college graduates is lack of preparation and planning to pursue career opportunities. Career fairs and career services are here to help!
- Avoid opportunity cost. Registration is easy and participation isn’t a steep time commitment, but missing a rare opportunity like this is potentially very costly.
- Improve your resume. It’s the first thing most companies will see when you inquire about employment. Recruitment professionals will help you build a stronger resume to land interview requests.
- Get your money’s worth. This is a free event, but its value is enormous. Where else can you connect with the most respected companies in your field?
Additionally, UK Career Services is providing career fair prep workshops. Students can pre-register or drop in for these workshops. More information is available at: www.uky.edu/careercenter/hireblue-career-fairs.
The fall semester career fairs are brought to you by the Office for Student Success and are a partnership between the Career and Co-op Office in the College of Engineering, the Graham Office of Career Management in the Gatton College of Business and Economics, and the Stuckert Career Center.