UK and The College of Engineering are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population from all segments of society. We have some scholarships that have a preference for diverse students, which include:
- The Messer Construction – Donn E. Hancher Scholarship in Construction Management scholarships, which is for civil engineering students who are juniors or seniors who have an interest in construction management.
- The G.V. Sundara Rajan Scholarship for Civil Engineering is for civil engineering students who are juniors or seniors who are members of the Society of Women Engineers.
- The William C. Parker Diversity Scholarship Program, which promotes the University of Kentucky’s Strategic Vision of Diversity and Inclusion
To apply for these scholarships please visit Scholarship Universe.
There are also several external scholarships that prefer diversity:
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholarships
- Milliman Opportunity Scholarship
- Women in Aviation International
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
As part of an effort to increase diversity and community building across the University of Kentucky campus, the MLK center has created a grant program that will fund creative proposals for student led diversity programming.
As part of an effort to increase diversity and a sense of belonging across the University of Kentucky campus, the Office for Institutional Diversity has created a grant program that will fund creative proposals for diversity programming.