Applications are now being accepted for the Halcomb Fellowship in Medicine and Engineering. The fellowship consists of an annual stipend of $25,000 with the option of renewal for a second year based on research progress.
Applicants must be current students in either the College of Medicine or the College of Engineering and shall have active mentors from both colleges. Applicants should also have a record of intellectual and academic achievement and leadership ability.
A complete application will contain the following components in the specified order.
- Curriculum vita
- Research prospectus containing (3-page limit, excluding references, following NIH formatting guidelines):
- Specific Aims
- Path to clinical application
- Personal statement addressing how the project fits the applicant’s training and career goals in relation to developing technologies that enhance human healthcare (2-page limit)
- Letters from two mentors, one from the College of Medicine and one from the College of Engineering, that address the applicant’s academic and research qualities as well as the mentorship team and planned engagement with the student
- NIH-style biosketches for both mentors
Note: Finalists will be interviewed by a selection committee comprising two members from Engineering, two from Medicine, and one external.
Submit application materials as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be addressed to Dr. David Puleo (email@example.com), Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, College of Engineering.
The deadline for receipt of applications is noon on Friday, May 25, 2018.