The Pigman College of Engineering Open House is one of the best ways for prospective students and their families to learn about engineering at the University of Kentucky. All high school students, transfer students, and their families are welcome to attend.
During the open house, you’ll interact with engineering professors and current students who will guide you in exploring engineering majors, co-ops and internships, scholarships and more. You will also tour engineering facilities and our residential community to experience what it’s like to be a UK Engineering student. The event is free of charge, however, pre-registration is required.
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Schedule of Events
The Engineering Open House will begin at 9:00 a.m. with a welcome and presentation in room 106 White Hall Classroom Building.
- 8:30 a.m. Check-in – Breakfast and beverages available
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome remarks – Engineering Associate Dean Mike Johnson
- 9:10 a.m. Welcome remarks – Engineering Student Council President
- 9:15 a.m. Pigman College of Engineering overview presentation
- 10:00 a.m. Student Success Sessions – Admissions and scholarships, co-ops and internships, housing, First-Year Engineering Program and more
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 1:10 p.m. Engineering Department Sessions
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biosystems Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Optional tours of Pigman Hall residence hall
Complimentary parking is available in the Cornerstone Garage (Parking Structure #5) at 409 S. Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508. Please park in general parking and be cautious of the resident R5 parking as it is restricted to their use only.
Other Important Information
- Lunch is not provided. Students and their families are encouraged to check out the university's dining facilities or numerous off-campus dining options, many within walking distance of campus.
- Staying overnight? Click here for Lexington accommodations via BBN Hotels.
- Not able to attend? If you need to cancel your registration for the Engineering Open House email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please call Director of Recruitment Tony Jackson at 859-218-5170 or email email@example.com.